The Reproject USA Add-In re-projects and edits a geographic area layer
that has a global extent. The result is a map layer with the USA on the
central meridian. Such area layers are generally for visual purposes. As can
be seen in the map below for example, desire lines between cities involving
the Americas can be better visualized.
The macro illustrates:
- How to use the area and line layer conversion functions
- How to use the ChooseFile(), ChooseFileName() and GetTempFile()
- Various usage of coordinates in adding links and in map
projections and scopes
- How to use the AddLayerToWorkspace() and DropLayerFromWorkspace()
- How to add Cancel buttons to progress bars created by GISDK
- How to use other functions: GetDBInfo(), GetDBLayers(),
- How to use Macro "G30 new layer default settings"
- Download the file
GISDK_ReprojectUSA.ZIP and extract the file ReprojectUSA.RSC. A good
place to save the resource file is in the GISDK\Samples folder in the
Maptitude program folder.
- Choose Tools-Add-Ins and open the GIS
Developer's Kit toolbox
- Compile this macro in test mode using the first button (Compile)
- Run this macro by clicking the second button (Test), typing the
macro name "ReprojectUSA", clicking the Macro radio button, and clicking
OK. A good geographic file to use with this macro is CCWORLDL.CDF.