This toolbox illustrates use of the "timer" functions, used to execute a
macro on a timed basis. It opens the tutorial "BESTROUT" map and zooms into
a randomly selected city on the map on a "timed" basis. The toolbox
- General use of a toolbox and toolbox (dialog box) items.
- Use of Timers: functions such as CreateTimer() and DestroyTimer().
- How to update items in a Dialog Box, using UpdateDBox() and the
DBox's Update item.
- How to implement two separate buttons that 'toggle' from one to
another i.e. 'Pause' and 'Resume'.
- How to use the Close item to properly exit a Dialog Box.
- How to zoom a map to a particular record in a map layer.
- Download the file GISDK_TimerZoom.zip
and extract the file TIMERZOOM.RSC. A good place to save the resource
file is in the GISDK\Samples folder in the Maptitude program folder.
- Choose Tools-Add-Ins and open the GIS
Developer's Kit toolbox.
- Compile this toolbox in test mode using the first button (Compile).
- Run this toolbox by clicking the second button (Test), typing the
dbox name "My Toolbox", clicking the Dialog Box radio button, and