From time to time a corrupt video driver can cause display
problems in Maptitude. This document guides users through the
process of determining their display adapter manufacturer/type
and downloading a new one from the Internet.
What to do about it:
Determining what video
card/driver you have:
- Minimize Maptitude and go to the gray task bar at the bottom of your
screen; click on the Start button.
- Select Settings from the list.
- Click on Control Panel
- Double click on the System icon [in the Control
Panel] to open the System Properties dialog box.
- Click on the Device Manager tab then double click on
- Highlight your adapter, and click the
Properties button. An adapter properties dialog box will open.
- Take note of the name of the adapter
and the manufacture. While the users dialog box may not be identical to the one
pictured, the same information should be present.
Updating your driver
Several web sites contain links to manufacturers
driver pages. Among these is http://www.windrivers.com/.
- Open your web browser.
- Navigate to http://www.windrivers.com/.
- Click on the link for a main search.
- Next, click on the first letter of the
- Link to the manufacturer by clicking on
their name. This will take you to the manufacturers web page the specific
steps vary by site at this point, the basics are as follows:
a. Click on the driver link.
b. Select your video card and download the driver.
Note: Drivers are generally contained in *.exe
files. Once you have the *.exe file on your hard drive, you should double click it. The
file will self-extract and replace your current driver.
Return to Main Tech Support Page