In Maptitude, chart themes are drawn in the natural order of fields in a dataview. Creating a chart theme from the map does not allow you to change this order. Creating a chart theme from a dataview, however, does allow you to create chart themes with bars in any order.
1. Open a dataview of the layer for which you are working. While holding down the shift key, click on column headings in the order you want. The columns will become highlighted as you click on them.
Click on the Subway heading, then the Bus, Carpool and Drove Alone headings so that the bars will display in that order
2. Click on the Chart Theme button on the Standard toolbar. Maptitude will now compute the theme for the chosen fields. This may take a few minutes.
3. A new map window will draw.
4. You will now see the pie charts, which is the default chart theme. To change them to bar charts, click on the chart theme button on the main toolbar, and choose a type of bar chart. Click OK, and the map will draw with bar charts, the bars being in the previously chosen order.
To apply the bar chart theme to another open map:
1. Make the other map the active window.
2. Choose the layer to apply the theme to from the drop-down list on the Standard toolbar and click the Chart Theme button.
3. Click the Load button in the Chart Theme dialog box to display the Load Chart Theme dialog box.
4. Choose the From Workspace radio button and choose the chart theme to copy from the scroll list.
5. Click OK two time to close both dialog boxes and copy the chart theme to the active map.