You can restrict where changes to a plan can be made in several ways.
- You can lock one or more districts to prevent them from being changed.
- You can limit the districts that can be changed by setting the source district to Unassigned or to a specific district.
- You can also limit the area where changes can occur by choosing one or more records in an area layer, such as Census Block, that are restricted from making changes.
It is easiest to limit the area where changes can occur by creating a selection set of the features that cannot be used. See Working with Maptitude for Redistricting Selection Sets to get started.
To Change the Advanced Plan Settings
- Choose Redistricting>Settings>Plan Settings to display the Plan Settings dialog box.
- Click the Advanced tab to display the Advanced page.
- Choose the area layer that contains the restriction from the Layer scroll list.
- Choose the selection set that defines the restricted area from the Selection scroll list. Changes can be made only in the non-restricted areas.
- Click OK.
Maptitude for Redistricting begins using the new settings.