In addition to creating territories by manually selecting the areas to add in the map, you can use the Select by Condition tool in the Territory Manager to add areas that satisfy a certain condition. This can be very useful when selecting areas that are grouped together in ranges. In this article we describe how to create a territory from a range of ZIP Codes.
The following steps outline how to create territories with the Select by Condition tool:
If you already have a territory map that you wish to add to, skip to Step 5.
- Choose Map>New Territory Layer.
- Choose Interactively from areas in a map and click Next>.
- For Geography layer, choose 5-Digit ZIP Code and for Geography Field choose ZIP.
- Add any tracking fields you wish and click Finish. Save the Territory Layer in a suitable location.
- In the Territory Manager, click .
- In the Enter a Condition box, type: “ZIP between 02100 and 02210” and click OK.
- The ZIP Codes in the given range will be highlighted. If you are happy with the selection click to add them to a territory. If you would like to try a different range, click and repeat steps 5-6 with a different range.