The Distance and Travel Times Tables tool allows you to choose a layer of origins and destinations and calculates the distance or time taken to travel between them. For example, you could work with a point layer of stores and a separate point layer of customers and create a table of the drive times to the various stores for each customer. Alternatively, you can use selection sets of origins and destinations from a single point layer. The results can be viewed in Excel or Maptitude, allowing you to easily sort to identify the closest locations. The following steps outline how to work with the Distance and Travel Times Tables tool in Maptitude:
- Open a map that contains either a point layer with origin and destination selection sets or two point layers, such as a customer layer and a store layer.
- In Maptitude choose Tools>Routing & Directions>Distance and Travel Time Tables.
- In the Origin frame, choose the layer that contains the origins, whether to use all features or a selection set, and the field that contains the names of the origins.
- In the Destination frame, choose the layer that contains the destinations, whether to use all features or a selection set, and the field that contains the names of the destinations.
- Choose whether to base your tables on the drive-time or distance from the "Using" drop-down list.
- Choose whether to output the results as a matrix or a table from the Output radio list and check the box if you want to see the results in Excel.
- Click OK.
- If exporting to Excel, enter a name for the Excel document that you are creating and click Save. Maptitude calculates the time/distance between the origins and destinations and displays the results.