Unlike many other mapping and GIS software packages that require users to purchase data separately, Maptitude includes extensive geographic and demographic data so that you can get started as soon as you install the software. Maptitude is also a professional mapping tool providing a full suite of location intelligence tools, which is in stark contrast to the limiting functionality of most mapping applications.
Maptitude mapping software includes the features and data that you need to unearth the trends hidden in your data. Below are answers to some frequently asked questions. Please contact Caliper Sales at email@example.com or +1 617-527-4700 if you have further questions or want to discuss your particular needs.
"Can I see my customers and prospects on the map?"
"Can I get my own data into Maptitude?"
Yes. Maptitude is designed to let you display, edit, and map your own data. For details, see: https://www.caliper.com/maptitude/mapyourdata.htm
"How do I get my data into Maptitude?"
Maptitude also makes it easy to use your geographic data. Maptitude supports direct access for Esri Shapefiles and File Geodatabases, Google Earth KML/KMZ, MapInfo TAB files, MapPoint PTM files, and Oracle Spatial tables. Additional import support is included for other GIS and CAD packages including ArcView, ArcGIS Pro, Google Earth, Atlas GIS, AutoCAD DXF, MapInfo MIF, and TIGER/Line. For a full list of supported import/export formats, see: https://www.caliper.com/maptitude/dataaccess.htm
"What data are included with Maptitude?"
- One Country Package of your choice. Each Country Package contains nationwide streets, administrative boundaries, populated places (cities, towns, villages), landmarks, water areas, and, where available, postal boundaries, postal points, and building footprints for selected urban areas.
- Where available, detailed demographic data are provided (US, Canada, Brazil, Australia, France, New Zealand, United Kingdom)
- Worldwide data.
"Can I use Maptitude data with other programs?"
"Can I use Maptitude on an Apple Macintosh?"
With any of these options you would need to have a Microsoft Windows license. Apple's Boot Camp is free with the Mac OS, but VMWare and Parallels are commercial products.
In addition to Maptitude licenses being able to run on Intel chip Apple Macs with Windows, Maptitude can be enabled to run on Apple Mac ARM M1/M2 chips with Windows, or on a Surface Pro with an ARM chip. Please contact Sales for the ARM enabled version.
"Can I customize an application or integrate Maptitude into my application?"
"Does Maptitude support satellite and aerial images?"
"Can I distribute maps I make with Maptitude?"
"Can I put maps I make with Maptitude on a web site?"
"Can Maptitude tell me how to get from one place to another?"
"Can I use Maptitude maps with my word processor or spreadsheet?"
You can also upload to and from spreadsheet formats such as Excel or CSV.
"How do I learn to use Maptitude?"
There are a number of options available to help you learn to use Maptitude:
- Free video tutorials are provided that illustrate many common Maptitude tasks.
- A detailed electronic help system is accessible through the menu Help>Maptitude Help. This also contains many brief tutorials that give you the opportunity to practice each command on our sample data, and can be accessed within Maptitude by clicking F1 on your keyboard at any time for context sensitive help from within any toolbox, tool, or window.
- Free mapping software webinars (and videos of past webinars with audio) on the Maptitude Mapping Software Webinars page. The webinars are conducted regularly and you can attend as many as you want.
- Our online learning portal has videos, articles, tips, and more.
- Training options include web-based Maptitude training, classroom training, and on-site training.