Rename the current precinct layer in your Precinct Map to something like
"Old Precinct." Make a copy of the new precincts layer and add it to your
1. Open the redistricting plan and make the new precincts layer the Working Layer. If you did not change the name, the new precincts layer is named Districts.
2. Choose Tools-Export to display the Export Precincts Geography dialog box.
3. Choose All Records in the Export drop-down list.
4. Choose Compact Geographic File in the To drop-down list. The other settings should be correct.
5. Change the Data Field to None
6. Click OK. Maptitude P&E displays the Save As dialog box.
7. Choose the desired drive and folder, and type the name of the new precinct file.
8. Click Save.
9. Close the Plan.
10. Open the new layer.
11. Rename the layer permanently (Map-Layers Rename). Close Map Layers. Close All.
Now that you have a new precinct layer, you will want to add it to the precinct map.
For more information on adding the new precincts layer to the map, see "Changing a Map’s Layers" in the Maptitude User’s Guide