Invest a Little — Gain a Lot
Here are just some of the ways that Maptitude for Precinct & Election
Management can leverage your HAVA funding:
Eliminate Errors in Your Voter File
Maptitude for Precinct & Election Management (P&E) complements your
voter registration software. Since Maptitude P&E "thinks" spatially, it
can place your voters on the map and assign them to their correct
precinct or precinct split. Compare these results with data in your
voter registration system to verify accuracy and discover coding errors.
Update Your Street Index File in Minutes, Not Months
The redistricting & reprecincting process inevitably renders your street
index file out-of-date. Maptitude P&E overlays all of the district
boundaries on the street layer, figures out which street and address
ranges are in each precinct and ballot style, and creates the new street
Educate the Public with Informative Maps
- Provide paper maps for resale as well as static and interactive maps
on your Web site showing all district boundaries (e.g., county
commission, state leg., congress, school, etc.), precincts, and polling
- Include driving directions and information about elected officials
- Create informative maps for your voter information packages.
- Present election results on your web site.
Create informative maps that show political district boundaries, polling
place locations, or election results.
Facilitate Election Day Activities
- Create countywide polling place maps showing all available sites, and
locate the best set of polling places for each election.
- Assign workers to the polling place nearest their house. Map field
supervisors' areas of technical support.
- Create drop-off area maps for return of election results for each polling
Enhance the Political Process
- Sell maps that clearly define district
boundaries to candidates.
- Create walk lists for purchase.
Provide Targeted Language Assistance
Analyze detailed census data, and target those areas with real need. Rather
than diluting the effectiveness of your efforts, provide interpreters and
translations at polling places where they are most needed.