Caliper designed TransModeler for ease-of-use by traffic
engineers and planners. TransModeler has an intuitive user
interface and is the only simulation software that fully
supports Windows standards. TransModeler lets you create and
manage multiple projects, networks, demand profiles, and traffic
signal control strategies for alternative analysis.
With TransModeler you can:
- Import simulation data from CORSIM and Synchro/SimTraffic
- Manage a variety of input files for multiple scenarios
- Share and merge project databases, traffic signal timing
plans, and other input data between multiple projects
- Export subareas of larger networks to simulate traffic
operations on a more localized scale
- Compare and aggregate output results from multiple
- Generate nicely formatted reports, maps, and charts for
inclusion in reports and presentation slides
TransModeler boasts a vast and growing array of features that
extends well beyond traffic simulators that came before it:
- Map desire lines representing traffic volumes between
origin-destination pairs to convey otherwise hidden patterns
in simulated trip tables.
- Conduct all your trip table estimation and development
efforts inside TransModeler with a comprehensive set of
matrix editing and computation tools.
- Compute shortest path matrices among a set of chosen
origins and destination s so that, with a trip matrix, you
can analyze trip length distributions in wide area models.
- Browse the full list of simulated trips and their paths
in a map while filtering and sorting based on origin,
destination, path, number of occupants, departure time, or
any of a long list of driver, vehicle, and trip tables.
- Define arterial and corridor segments with interactive graphical editing tools to customize segment and corridor level-of-service reports consistent with Highway Capacity Manual definitions.
- Generate colorful and illustrative trip departure and arrival rate histograms.
- Query trip statistics and measures of effectiveness (MOEs) by origin, destination, path, vehicle type, or any combination of driver, vehicle, and trip attributes when generating reports.
- Generate tables, reports, charts, and thematic maps for individual runs or aggregated across multiple runs.
- Compute calibration statistics that characterize goodness of fit over time series data so that you can calibrate your model to match both the average and variance in observed field conditions.
- Dispatch new trips from anywhere in the network or divert trips en route to alternate destinations for modeling incident and hazard response or evacuation scenarios.
- Monitor public transportation service details, including schedule adherence and passenger information, during simulation at the route, stop, or vehicle level.
- Create a full and accurate picture of queues in a way that no other simulation model allows. Use interactive tools to illustrate in a map the ebb and flow of queues as spillback trees that dissipate from the head and that branch in multiple directions upstream over time.