By default, Maptitude for Redistricting automatically creates a backup, a .zip file of all necessary plan files, every time you close the plan. You can change the number of backups and backup behavior for each plan by choosing Redistricting>Settings>Plan Settings>Backups.
You can manually backup your plan at any time by choosing Redistricting>Back Up Plan.
You can restore a plan backup at any time using either of the following methods:
Method 1: Overwrite Existing Plan Files
- Browse to the location where the plan is stored (shown for the selected plan at the bottom of the Plans tab in the Plan Manager).
- Open the XXX Backups folder (where XXX is the plan name).
- Unzip any backup to the higher level directory.
Method 2: Create a New Plan from a Plan Backup
- Choose Redistricting>Plan Manager.
- Click New… on the Plans tab.
- Choose From my existing plan and click Finish.
- Change the Files of type dropdown to Redistricting Plan Backups (*.bak.zip) and choose your backup file.
- Click Open.
- Enter a new plan name and click Save.