If you already have an equivalency file, you can import that file during the plan creation process to rebuild the plan in Maptitude for Redistricting.
- Choose Redistricting>Plan Manager to display the Plan Manager dialog box.
- Choose a library for the new plan from the Library drop-down list.
- Click New to display the New Plan wizard.
- Click the From my district table radio button. Maptitude for Redistricting displays the Choose File to Import dialog box.
- Choose the file to import and click Open. If using an Excel file, select the sheet then click OK. **Note: If you do not have your own equivalency file, you can use the file in C:\XX Data 20YY Final, where XX is the state abbreviation and YY is the year).
- Click Next. Make changes as follows:
|To do this…
|Choose the map
|Make a choice from the Map drop-down list. Click Browse to choose a map that is not already open.
|Choose the base layer
|Make a choice from the Base Layer drop-down list.
|Choose a balancing field
|Make a choice from the Balancing Field drop-down list.
|Set the number of districts
|The No. of Districts edit box automatically displays the number of unique districts in the district table.
|Set the ideal value directly
|Type the value in the Ideal Value edit box.
|Compute the ideal value
|Enter the number of districts in the Number of Districts edit box and click Compute. Maptitude for Redistricting computes the ideal value and displays it in the Ideal Value edit box.
|Choose the Layer Hierarchy
|Make a choice from the Layer Hierarchy drop-down list.
|Set the Allowable Deviation
|Type the allowable deviation in the Allowable Deviation edit box.
|Choose a base layer field
|Choose a field from the Match Base Layer Field drop-down list.
|Choose an import layer field
|Choose a field from the To Import Layer Field drop-down list that matches the base layer field.
|Choose the fill district from field
|Choose a field from the Fill District From drop-down list that contains the district assignments.
- Click Next.
- If you don’t want to enter the other plan settings at this time, click Finish. Otherwise, make changes as follows:
To do this…
Add summary fields
Click and choose one or more fields from the dialog box and click OK. Maptitude adds the fields in the Selected Fields column.
Drop summary fields
Highlight one or more summary field names, and click .
Rearrange summary fields
Highlight one or more summary field names, and click or .
Set a denominator
Highlight one or more tracking field names, and click the down arrow to select a denominator.
- Click Next.
- Make changes as follows:
To do this…
Set a plan type
Type the plan type in the Plan Type edit box.
Set an administrator
Type the administrator’s name in the Administrator edit box.
Type comments in the Comments edit box.
- Click Finish.
Maptitude for Redistricting saves the plan using your political districts and sets up the windows and the toolbox for redistricting.