Maptitude Mapping Software
Retail Site Selection Mapping
FIGURE 1: Use the data included with Maptitude to analyze the demographics about any number of sites to find the ones with the most desirable characteristics.
FIGURE 2: Find a weighted center of service for a collection of locations to identify valuable sites.
FIGURE 3: Facility location models can identify efficient sites, taking into account both existing facilities and candidate locations.
Maptitude makes it easy to use maps to analyze and understand the best locations for retail site selection, hotel site selection, or any other facility placement problem. Maptitude is a powerful combination of site mapping software and geographic data that provides everything that you need to make informed decisions.
In addition to the latest demographics, Maptitude includes substantial social, housing, and income data, along with easy-to-use analysis tools that will allow you to better understand the relationships between your demand, supply, and competitor locations. (Figure 1)
In addition to the site selection tools below, Maptitude has extensive functionality for Marketing and Sales Mapping including travel time rings.
Site Location Analysis:
With Maptitude you can create a circular service area that encompasses a set of points such as addresses. You can then choose to weight the center location by a field in your point layer such as demand (Figure 2).
For example, if you are considering relocating a store, you can create a trade area around your customers and weight the center by their sales volume to determine a new candidate location. Alternatively, you may have a database of client employees. You can then use Maptitude to see the best central location based on the density and distribution of the addresses. These could be weighted by seniority, allowing you to better explore potential site locations by considering staff characteristics.
There is also a Maptitude Site Location Wizard plug-in tool for site selection. The Site Location Wizard provides a powerful yet simple to use site selection tool that guides you through the entire process from model creation to site prediction.
Facility Location Analysis:
Facility location problems involve choosing the best location for one or more facilities from a set of possible locations (Figure 3). These tools are available at additional cost. Please contact Caliper Sales at +1 617-527-4700 or Sales@caliper.com for more information.
This toolset can address virtually all types of location problem. Potential applications include exploring new franchise locations, corporate office relocations, and branch optimization. For example:
- You want to determine the number of facilities that are required to guarantee a certain level of service.
- You may also need to account for financial or operational constraints, such as a maximum number of facilities you are able to add, or a fixed budget for adding facilities.
- Revenues and profits depend on the choice of facility locations. In these cases, you need to balance the cost of adding a facility with the potential revenue benefit.
- You want to maximize the distance between facilities and the population they serve. For example, to minimize proximity to a competitor. Landfills and power plants are also often located relatively far from major population centers.
- You want to consider the presence of existing facilities. The locations of these facilities obviously affect the choice of locations for new facilities. In addition, you may want to consider both adding new facilities and closing one or more existing facilities.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Maptitude.