This toolbox creates a
circle (ellipse annotation) of a user specified radius at a clicked
point. The toolbox illustrates how to:
- Add tools to a toolbox
- Use GISDK functions such as the annotation and style functions
- Use user input to perform tasks
- Download the file
and extract the file ADD CIRCLE.RSC. A good place to save the resource file is in the
GISDK\Samples folder in the Maptitude program folder.
- Open or make current the map that you want to
- Choose Tools-GIS Developer's Kit-GISDK Toolbar
to open the GISDK toolbar.
- Compile this toolbox in test mode using the Compile button
- Run this toolbox by clicking the Test button (second button),
typing the dialog box name (circle),
clicking the Dialog Box radio button, and
Click the button in
the toolbox, double-click on a map where the circle should be centered,
type the diameter of the circle in the edit box, and click OK. A
freehand circle of the specified diameter is added to the map.