This toolbox demonstrates different error types and ways to handle
errors. The toolbox illustrates how to:
- Handle errors produced by a function such as ClickCoord()
- Define special error handlers
- Download the file GISDK_Error
Handling.zip and extract the file ERROR HANDLING.RSC. A good place
to save the resource file is in the GISDK\Samples folder in the
Maptitude program folder.
- Open or make current the map that you want to use.
- Choose Tools-Add-Ins and open the GIS
Developer's Kit toolbox.
- Compile this toolbox in test mode using the Compile button (first
- Run this toolbox by clicking the Test button (second button), typing
the dialog box name (Main), clicking the Dialog Box radio button, and
Choose the tool in the toolbox and click on a map. While holding down the
left mouse button on a map press ESC once to cause an error. Three error
handling macros are run in a loop, one for each execution of the click tool.