Learn how Maptitude can help your organization:
Featured Data Product:
Do you have global customers or assets in multiple countries? If so, the new Maptitude Country Packages will allow you to quickly and easily support your international mapping requirements.
Each Package includes access to an up-to-date NAVTEQ® database, allowing accurate address locating and street visualization, plus robust data on which to calculate driving routes and travel time rings. Also included from NAVTEQ® are building footprints for many urban locations, railroads, and comprehensive named landmarks that range from public facilities to commercial buildings including shops, restaurants, and retail stores. Also shipped are postal data and, where available, detailed demographics.
Each Package covers a single country. Maptitude ships with one Package of your choice, and additional countries can be purchased separately. Upgrades are available from versions 5.0 and 6.0 for customers owning Maptitude, Maptitude for Great Britain, Maptitude for Australia, and Maptitude for Canada.
Price: US$695. Place your order online at the Caliper Store Now.
Mapping MSAs, ZIP Code Points, & 3-Digit ZIP Codes (United States)
Maps are composed of different types of information and Maptitude organizes all of these map features into layers. When you create or work with a map, you choose the layers you want to see and decide how each layer should look.
There are layers that are not used in the default maps such as U.S. Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs), 5-digit ZIP Code points, and 3-Digit ZIP Codes. These layers are included with Maptitude and can be added to any map.
The following steps walk you through this task:
1. Choose File-New, choose Map from the New File dialog box, and click OK. This brings you to the Create-a-Map Wizard.
2. Choose the General Purpose Map option, and choose an Area to Display in the Map.
3. Click Next> and click Finish.
4. Choose Map-Layers from the menu, and then choose Add Layer.
5. Browse to the c:\ccdata\ folder (the default location Maptitude uses to install layer files) and choose Geographic File as the file type.
6. Choose one or more geographic files such as ccCBSA.Cdf which contains US Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs); or ccZIP5Pt.Cdf for ZIP Code points; or ccZIP3.Cdf for 3-Digit ZIP Code areas.
7. Click Open. Map layers in the geographic files are added to the layers in the map.
8. Click Close. Maptitude draws the map with the new layers. The layer list in the Display Manager is updated to include the added layers. If you save the workspace, the new layers will automatically be included in the map the next time you open the workspace.
Featured Maptitude Maps:
Economically Distressed U.S. Counties
This month we showcase maps of Economically Distressed Counties. The maps were created using the HEPGIS, which is an interactive, web-based GIS provided by the FHWA and which is powered by the Caliper web mapping engine.
Previous Issue (July 2012)