Caliper Corporation offers several training courses for Maptitude
that enable you to make the most of your mapping software investment.
You can take up to three days of classroom training covers
materials valuable to both new and existing users of Maptitude.
Maptitude Classroom Training Schedule:
Advance registration is required.
To reserve your place for
Maptitude training, complete and fax the
Registration Form to 1-617-527-5113
or register online.
Overview Day 1: Basic Maptitude
Use Create-a-Map Wizard to quickly map and analyze your data,
apply styles, and add themes
- Learn how you can use Maptitude to map and analyze data
- Control map layers and their settings with the Display Manager
- Visualize your data using thematic tools including color,
symbol, pattern, scaled-symbol, chart, dot-density, and 3D themes
- Learn the basics of data management such as clicking on a map to
view information for that location
- Learn how to create and use multiple, named selection sets
Overview Day 2: Intermediate Maptitude
- Add imagery to your maps such as Google Earth and USGS topographic
- Learn how to work with tables
- Map only your area of interest for analysis and display
- Present your data using report layouts and use your maps in other
- Locate your data by address, ZIP Code, city, pointing, and
- Use GIS analytical tools to create circular buffers and "hot-spot"
density grids, and to overlay your data with demographics or any other
Overview Day 3: Professional Maptitude
- Select (filter) records and map features based on attributes and
- Learn about database joins and attaching your data to map features
such as postal boundaries
- Learn how to create drive-time and distance polygons, as well as
- Use the powerful district and territory creation tools, including
non-overlapping zones, as-the-crow-flies service areas, overlapping
zones, and street based districts
- Learn how to edit area geographic data to maintain your own map
layers such as districts
- Get valuable map display and styling tips
- Learn about Maptitude file management best practices
Maptitude Course Fees & Registration Information
Classroom courses at our headquarters in Newton, Massachusetts are
$900 for three classes, $600 for two classes, and $395 for a single class. The classes start at
9:30AM and end at 4:30PM. Drinks and snacks are
provided at breaks mid-morning and mid-afternoon. There is a one hour
break for lunch.
To reserve your place for Maptitude training, complete and fax the
Registration Form to 1-617-527-5113 or
registration is required. Note that space is limited. You are not
registered until you have received a confirmation. If you cannot attend
the courses at this time, we will be offering these classes several more
times throughout the year.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-617-527-4700
and ask for
Training, or send e-mail to email@example.com.
On-site training courses are also available. Call Training at
for more information.