Learn how Maptitude can help your organization:
New! Australia Package
Do you have Australian customers or assets? If so, the new Australia Package will allow you to quickly and easily support your mapping requirements.
The product includes access to an up-to-date NAVTEQ® database, allowing accurate address locating and street visualization, plus robust data on which to calculate driving routes and travel time rings. Also included from NAVTEQ® are building footprints for many urban locations, railroads, and comprehensive named landmarks that range from public facilities to commercial buildings including shops, restaurants, and retail stores. Also shipped are postal data and detailed demographics. Included are 2006 population, gender, age citizenship, income, housing, and travel data, plus 2001-2011 population and 2003-2009 income and salary information. More...
Each Package covers a single country. Maptitude ships with one Package of your choice, and additional countries can be purchased separately. Upgrades are available from versions 5.0 and 6.0 for customers owning Maptitude for Australia.
Price: US$695. Place your order online at the Caliper Store Now.
Creating a 3D Map of Hot Spots
The 3D Map tool allows point data to be shown as "peaks" based on a field such as the weighted density of sales by customer.
The following steps walk you through this task:
1. Choose File-New, choose Map from the New File dialog box, and click OK. This brings you to the Create-a-Map Wizard.
2. Choose the Map of my own data option.
3. Browse for the Excel file containing your data. Choose the sheet in the Excel workbook that contains your data and has fields such as address and postal code. Click OK.
4. Follow the prompts until you reach the Type of Analysis step in the Create-a-Map Wizard.
5. Choose the Density option and choose a Weighting Field. Click Next and follow the prompts. Maptitude creates a map of your data.
7. Choose the Density of Your Data layer from the drop-down list on the toolbar at the top of the Maptitude screen to specify the working layer.
8. In the Display Manager turn off the layer Your Data by clicking on the green check.
9. Choose Tools-Surface Analysis-3D Map, and for Field choose DATA. Click OK. Maptitude creates a 3D figure window of your data.
10. Use the tools and spinners in the 3D Toolbox to modify the 3D figure. For example, change the exaggeration value to make the peaks higher or lower.
Featured Maptitude Maps:
Australia Income & Bankruptcies
This month we showcase Maptitude maps of mean taxable income and bankruptcies in Australia. The maps were created by Nick Nicholas at The Demographer's Workshop.
Previous Issue (May 2012)