Caliper Corporation invites you to attend training for Maptitude
Geographic Information System for Windows.
The classes will be at our
training center in Newton, Massachusetts.
The three days of classroom training cover materials valuable to both new
and existing users of Maptitude. Day 3 provides time to work with your
own data with a Maptitude trainer. Below is an overview for each day of training:
Overview Day 1: Basic Maptitude
- Use Create-a-Map Wizard to quickly map and analyze your data,
apply styles, and add themes
- Learn how you can use Maptitude to map and analyze data
- Control map layers and their settings with the Display Manager
- Visualize your data using thematic tools including color, symbol,
pattern, scaled-symbol, chart, dot-density, and 3D themes
- Learn the basics of data management such as clicking on a map
to view information for that location
- Learn how to create and use multiple, named selection sets (database
Overview Day 2: Intermediate Maptitude
- Add imagery backgrounds to your maps such as USGS aerial photos & topographic tiles
- Learn how to work with tables
- Map only your area of interest for analysis and display
- Locate your data by address, ZIP Code, city, pointing, and coordinate
- Update your map with changes made to your data source such as Excel
- Use GIS analytical tools to create circular buffers and
"hot-spot" density grids
- Present your data using report layouts and use your maps in
Overview Day 3: Professional Maptitude
- Select (filter) records and map features based on attributes and location
- Learn how to create drive-time and distance polygons, as well as best routes
- Use logistics to create distance and travel time tables and to find the best site location
- Use the powerful district and territory creation tools, including non-overlapping zones, as-the-crow-flies service areas, overlapping zones, and street-based districts
- Learn how to create and customize reports and how to extract data from Maptitude
- Get valuable map display and styling tips
- Learn about Maptitude file management best practices
Location and Schedule:
By attending the training you gain access to experienced and
knowledgeable Caliper staff who can aid you with your immediate project,
analysis, and data needs.
Boston, MA, training session will be held at our offices in
Newton MA, a western suburb of Boston,
about 8 miles from downtown.
- Classes start at 9:00AM
- Breaks at mid-morning and mid-afternoon
- One-hour break for lunch
- Classes end at 4:00PM
Costs and registration:
- Classroom courses at our headquarters in Newton, MA are
$900 for three classes, $600 for two classes, and $300 for a single class
- Advance registration and payment are required
- If you would like to register please
Once we have received your registration we will send you confirmation
and charge you for attendance, at which point you can make travel plans.
Please do not make travel plans until you have received confirmation of
If you have any questions or require custom training at your facility
anywhere in the USA, please call Caliper Training at 617-527-4700.
We look forward to seeing you.