Maptitude for the Web Overview
|Overview In Depth Examples Requirements Pricing and Ordering|
Maptitude for the Web™ has all of the tools you need to create compelling and attractive maps, plus special capabilities for designing and running interactive web mapping applications and GIS web services on the World Wide Web. You can quickly create simple applications, without programming, by using an existing template and linking it to your geographic data. Experienced programmers can create complex web applications and web services by accessing a rich set of .NET classes and modifying the source code for the existing templates.
With Maptitude for the Web, you can quickly add mapping functions to your web site by following a few steps:
- Add your geographic data: Maptitude supports many input formats, including Excel, Access, SQL Server, Oracle, Esri Shapefiles, MapInfo tab files and many imagery file formats. You can geocode your data by street address, ZIP Code or City and State directly in the software.
- Create a thematic map: Maptitude for the Web includes spatial analysis tools, wizards, and geographic boundary data you need to quickly and easily create thematic maps.
- Choose a Mapplication: Use one of the included Mapplications (application templates) to create a complete web application or a web service. New templates include Ajax applications and overlays with Google maps.
- Set the parameters: For each application component, choose how it will work and what geographic data it will use.
- Test the application: Use a local web server to make sure all of the settings are right.
Who Benefits from Maptitude for the Web
Maptitude for the Web is robust enough to meet the specific needs of all types of users:
Map designers can use all of the capabilities of Maptitude to design maps that communicate. You have complete control over the display settings of map features. Choose the style of features, the scales at which they are visible, and how and when they are labeled. MapWizard® automatic mapping technology helps you create color and pattern maps, dot-density maps, scaled-symbol maps, and maps with integrated pie charts and bar charts.
Web site designers can incorporate Maptitude for the Web
controls into other web pages. You can modify the HTML
tags or modify the graphic elements to maintain a consistent design within your web site.
GIS Software Development
Caliper offers Maptitude and GISDK training in classroom settings or on-site at your location. Our training can be customized to your needs and user group. Caliper also provides custom application and turnkey system development services, including web page creation. We specialize in designing, implementing, and integrating GIS applications for large enterprises and government organizations. We develop:
- Enterprise web services and mashups
- Web applications
- Enterprise desktop applications
- Geographic databases
We can host web services for you or deliver a web services platform that you can host on your own servers.