I used the redistricting tools in P&E to reprecinct. How do I add these
new precinct boundaries to my precinct map?
Rename the current precinct layer in your Precinct Map to something like
"Old Precinct." Then make a copy of the new precincts layer, and add it to
your Precinct Map as follows:
- Open the redistricting plan and make the new precincts layer the
Working Layer. If you did not change the name, the new precincts layer
is named districts.
- Choose Tools-Export to display the Export
Precincts Geography dialog box.
- Choose All Records in the Export drop-down list.
- Choose Compact Geographic File in the To drop-down list. The other
settings should be correct.
- Change the Data Field to None.
- Click OK. Maptitude P&E displays the Save As dialog box.
- Choose the desired drive and folder, and type the name of the new
- Click Save.
- Close the Plan.
- Open the new layer.
- Rename the layer permanently (Map-Layers Rename).
Close Map Layers. Close All.
Now that you have a new precinct layer, you will want to add it to the
For more information on adding the new precincts layer to the map, see
"Changing a Map's Layers" in the Maptitude User's Guide.
Back to Tech Corner Support Page