The Batch Save Maps Add-In provides an easy way to save maps for each
feature in a layer. This is particularly useful when you want to output maps
for every store in your distribution chain, for example.
The tool also allows you to save images from a second layer with a
matching name. This could be useful when you also want to output a map for
each territory, in addition to the store that it encompasses.
The tool also allows you to control which features from a third layer are
shown, when outputting the batch maps for layers 1 and 2. This could be
useful when you want a map for each store and/or territory broken out by
customer type, such that each map image only shows customers of each unique
- Download the file
- Open the file or choose the Run command from the Start menu, and
browse to the BatchSaveMapsAddin.exe file in the folder where you
downloaded the file.
- Click OK and follow the step-by-step instructions to install the
add-in to the appropriate program folder (e.g. C:\Program
To use the Batch Save Maps Add-In
- Choose Tools>GIS Developer's Kit>Add-Ins
highlight Batch Save Maps to open the Batch Mapper
- Choose the settings for your first layer, and second layer if
required, where the Field is the title for each output image, and should
match for layers 1 and 2 if you want them to be output to the same
- If you want to loop over the selection sets from another layer make
choices in the Choose Sets section
- You can choose the image settings in the Images section; and can
choose to hide all but the current record being saved to an image
- Click OK. Maptitude creates images for each record chosen and saves
them to the target location.
*NOTE: The Batch Save Maps add-in works only with Maptitude 2023 or higher.