This toolbox generates a great circle line annotation between two points
on a map. This macro illustrates how to:
- Get a two-point line from the user
- Create an array of values
- Use coordinate geometry to create a new coordinate based on a
distance and direction from an existing coordinate
- Create an annotation
You can modify the toolbox to let the user set the number of points,
- Download the file
GISDK_Great Circle Line.zip
and extract the file GREAT CIRCLE LINE.RSC. A good place to save the resource file is in the
GISDK\Samples folder in the Maptitude program folder.
- Open or choose the layer you want to use.
- Choose Tools-GIS Developer's Kit-GISDK Toolbar
to open the GISDK toolbar.
- Compile this toolbox in test mode using the Compile button
- Run this toolbox by clicking the Test button (second button),
typing the dialog box name (Great Circle Line),
clicking the Dialog Box radio button, and