Caliper Corporation invites you to attend training for Maptitude Geographic Information System for Windows. Caliper training is the fast, cost-effective way to learn how to make the most of your Maptitude software investment.
The training will focus on using Maptitude in the UK and Europe. Please visit our European Data page for more information on using Maptitude in Europe.
The Basic and Intermediate classes are aimed at every type of user. The course covers skills and tools valuable to both new and existing users of Maptitude, and participants learn the fundamentals of Maptitude and related GIS concepts. The class is useful even if you are an experienced user of the software because it introduces the features of the latest version of Maptitude.
Below is an overview for each day of training:
Overview Day 1:
• Use Create-a-Map Wizard to quickly map and analyze your data, apply styles, and add themes
• Learn how you can use Maptitude to map and analyze data
• Control map layers and their settings with the Display Manager
• Visualize your data using thematic tools including color, symbol, pattern, scaled-symbol, chart, dot-density, and 3D themes
• Learn the basics of data management such as clicking on a map to view information for that location
• Learn how to create and use multiple, named selection sets (database filters)
• Add imagery to
your maps such as Google Earth
Overview Day 2:
• Present your data using report layouts and use your maps in other programs
• Locate your data by postal code, city, pointing, value, and by coordinate
• Use GIS analytical tools to create circular buffers and "hot-spot" density grids, and to overlay your data with demographics or any other mapped dataset
• Learn about database joins and attaching your data to map features such as postal boundaries
• Use the powerful district and territory creation tools, including non-overlapping zones, as-the-crow-flies service areas, overlapping zones, and street based districts
• Classes start at 9:30 AM
• Breaks at mid-morning and mid-afternoon
• One-hour break for lunch
• Classes end at 5 PM
Advance registration and payment is required. You are not registered until you receive a confirmation. Space in the classes is limited, so reserve your place today. If you would like to register please register online.
Once we have received your registration we will send you confirmation and charge you for attendance, at which point you can make travel plans. Please do not make travel plans until you have received confirmation of the training. Confirmation will only be sent out when the minimum number of trainees have registered.
If you have any questions or require custom training at your facility, please call Caliper Training at +1 617-527-4700.
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you.