International Street Mapping
Maptitude includes international highways that allow you to create effective maps of any region in the world, while you can perform more detailed street level mapping and analysis in many countries (U.S., Australia, Brazil, Canada, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and more) with the Maptitude Country Packages. Maptitude (US$695) includes a FREE Country Package with nationwide streets that you can use for locating (pin-mapping) your data and performing street-level analysis. All classes of road are included such as highways/motorways, major roads, minor roads, trails, and ferry routes.
Answer a few simple questions and Create-a-Map Wizard™ makes a map at any scale; from all the countries of the world to streets around an address, landmark, or intersection.
Furthermore, Caliper offers the Download Free Layers add-in that provides easy access to no-cost web-based data sources. This tool allows you to access street level data for countries around the world.
Please contact Caliper Sales for information on obtaining street-level map data for other countries.
South Africa Street-Level Geographic Analysis
Use the Maptitude street-based tools with the nationwide street data included in the South Africa Country Package to:
- Create drive-time (or distance) rings. You can use the rings to determine areas that are underserved or to determine how many of your customers are within a 15-minute drive of a store or more than 30 minutes from a store (Figure 1).
- Partition streets into zones based on the drive time to the nearest facility. For example, create zones that show the areas that are best served by each fire station in a city, or that show which hospital or school is closest to each street (Figure 2).
- Find shortest routes with directions or create delivery routes to any number of stops based on delivery sequence or fastest time (Figure 3).
Maptitude also has GPS support, allowing you to track your location at the street level, perform field data collection using Delorme GPX files for example, or create and edit geographic files by adding attributes such as street names.
You can further enhance your maps by using the included tools for accessing free imagery from the Internet. With a single mouse click you can download aerial imagery and topographic maps from Google Earth or any image server (WMS).
Maptitude has powerful capabilities for mapping your data:
- Tools for locating features by address, intersection, postcode, Coordinate, or by manually pointing on the map (Video tutorial)
- Automatic address standardization
- View address matching results by record
- Location indices for geocoding addresses anywhere in the world
- Multiple methods for choosing the offset distance from the street
- Automatic or prompted address matching
- Variable levels of strictness for address matching
|Street Map Making Software Highlights|