Now that I have created new precinct boundaries with Maptitude P&E, how
do I get them to work with my county's GIS?
If your county is using Maptitude for their GIS software, create a
Maptitude compact geographic file. If they are using another GIS, Maptitude
can easily create a file they can use, such as an ArcView shapefile or a
MapInfo interchange file:
- Open the redistricting plan and make the new precincts layer the
Working Layer. If you did not change the name, the new precincts layer
is named Districts.
- Choose Tools-Export to display the Export
Precincts Geography dialog box.
- Choose All Records in the Export drop-down list.
- If the county GIS is based on Maptitude, choose Compact Geographic
File in the To drop-down list. If the county GIS is not based on
Maptitude, choose the appropriate file format (e.g., Esri shapefile,
MapInfo interchange) in the To drop-down list. The other settings should
- Change the Data Field to None
- Click OK. Maptitude P&E displays the Save As dialog box.
- Choose the desired drive and folder, and type the name of the new
- Click Save.
Back to Tech Corner Support Page