Alternative to Blue Marble Global Mapper™
Maptitude is a robust and easy-to-use mapping tool that incorporates three-dimensions (3D). Maptitude provides all the features that your organization requires in order to take advantage of the geographic elements underpinning successful 3D, surface, and terrain-based projects.
Maptitude costs only US$695 and is packaged as a one-stop-solution, shipping with all the tools required to allow infrastructure professionals (analysts, surveyors, architects, planners, civil engineers, geoscientists and designers) to model 3D data.
There are many benefits when you use Maptitude as an alternative to Blue Marble Global Mapper:
- Quickly see the information and trends hidden in your geographic data
- Create 3-D maps, heat maps, territories, drive-time rings, hot-spots, charts, and reports
- Import, analyze, segment, and report on data in almost any format
- Map your data for any country in the world: where available use demographic, address, zip code, post code or county boundary data
- Use location intelligence to filter and categorize data
- Access the most up-to-date demographic data
- Print, export, manage, share, and use located-based results
- Contact us via phone and email during your 60 days of free technical support!
- Use Maptitude mapping software and start seeing better maps and better results – Now!
Maptitude includes an easy-to-use but powerful 3D heat mapping tool that you can use to illustrate your data for area layers such as postal/ZIP Codes or sales territories. The 3-D theme tool supports the visualization of two columns of data via choices for both color and height.
The 3D View allows you to visualize maps in stunning and compelling ways, enabling you to explore locations with an audience in ways that just aren't possible in two dimensions (2D). By presenting your data in a realistic 3D perspective, decision makers, influencers and stakeholders will have better insights into your work.
You can build a 3D scene from the huge number of Maptitude model files, and users can add their own 3D buildings and scenery using any combination of SketchUp, VRML, or 3DS formats.
3D Views can be comprised of:
- Surface layers that are based on a map or aerial/satellite image draped over a 3D surface
- Grid layers such as a Digital Elevation Model (DEM)
- Extruded building footprints, which are a simple way to represent buildings as 3D blocks
- Models such as vehicles, people, vegetation, buildings, bridges, and any other structure
Once you have created a 3D scenario you can view it from various angles and move through the 3D landscape automatically using a flight path.
With Maptitude you can analyze and display surfaces on a 2D map or as a 3D View. You can prepare the surface from any point layer that contains elevation values, typically measured in feet or meters above sea level. Maptitude can also create surfaces that represent data values such as measures of air pollution or levels of radon gas over a geographic region. These models may be used to generate contours or to interpolate data values at specific locations.
The Maptitude surface analysis tools and applications allow you to:
- Perform 3D site design
- Visualise 3D terrain and surfaces
- Analyse viewsheds, a process that is also known as catchment analysis, zones of theoretical view, zones of visual influence, visibility potential maps, or visibility analysis
- Calculate (interpolate) the elevation at a point
- Query spot heights
- Draw an elevation profile between two points
- Create contours as a line or area layer
- Create DEM and Triangulated Irregular Network (TIN) layers
- Find the shortest paths over terrain with penalties for steeper gradient and changes in elevation
You can also use density grids to visualise point data by transforming the points into a regular grid. For example, you can identify customer or employment concentrations and then view the maps in a 3D View where higher concentrations are shown with a higher elevation.
“Maptitude GIS provides a sophisticated 3-D reality that looks professional as well as providing viewers with artistic and precise 3-D maps.”
Dr. Aniruddha Banerjee, IUPUI; UC Berkeley
The best mapping software! Here's why:
√ Maptitude is the easiest-to-use full featured mapping software, and includes powerful tools such as multi-ring drive-time zones
√ Maptitude has no subscription fees, and supports secure off-line data storage
√ Maptitude provides fully customizable maps with unlimited point icons
√ Maptitude has unlimited pin-mapping/geocoding
√ Maptitude includes free mapping data and demographics covering everything from population statistics to business locations, postal/ZIP Codes, and more!
Maptitude is competitively priced and enables organizations and businesses to use their location-based data to improve decision making. Why spend more for less?