makes it easy to use maps to analyze and understand the best
locations for retail site selection, hotel site selection, or any
other facility placement problem. Maptitude is a powerful
combination of site mapping software and geographic data that
provides everything that you need to make informed decisions.
In addition to the latest
includes substantial social, housing, and income data, along with
easy-to-use suitability analysis tools that will allow you to better understand the
relationships between your demand, supply, and competitor locations.
|Facility Site Selection Highlights
- Perform site selection and analysis
- Find the best facility locations
- Analyze trade areas and potential sites
- Choose the best location for one or more facilities
In addition to the site selection tools below, Maptitude has
extensive functionality for
Marketing and Sales Mapping including travel time rings.
Perform site selection analysis using the included data to analyze the
demographics about any number of sites to find the ones with the most desirable characteristics.
Start Mapping Now
GIS in Retail Site Selection Process
The retail site location process is not simply a matter of
identifying available properties. It requires a series of
analytical steps that GIS software is ideally suited to help
- What amenities, attractions, and services are in the surrounding area
- What is the demographic profile of the market area in terms of education, employment, and buying power
- What competitive or complementary retail is in the immediate area
- Are there better locations available in the market area such as within a 15-minute drive time ring
- How accessible is the site from major roads and population centers
By using GIS in the retail site selection process you can assess a site's competitive pressures, accessibility, and market potential.
“I have access to traffic counts, local businesses, demographic information, drive times, and aerial imagery, all at the tips of my fingers. The program is easy to use, as well.”
GIS Analyst, Coast Realty Associates
Providence, Rhode Island
Start Mapping Now
Site Location Analysis
Find a weighted center of service for
a collection of locations to identify valuable sites.
With Maptitude you can create a circular service area that
encompasses a set of points such as addresses. You can then
choose to weight the center location by a field in your point
layer such as demand.
Find a weighted center of service for a collection of locations to identify valuable sites.
For example, if you are considering relocating a store, you can create a trade area around
your customers and weight the center by their sales volume to determine
a new candidate location. Alternatively, you may have a database of client employees. You can then
use Maptitude to see the best central location based on the density and
distribution of the addresses. These could be weighted by seniority,
allowing you to better explore potential site locations by considering
How CKE manages franchise territories with Maptitude
There is also a Facility Location wizard for
site selection analysis (see Facility Location below).
The Wizard provides a powerful yet simple to use site selection
tool that guides you through the entire site selection process
from model creation to site prediction.
In addition, street-based tools allow you to create
drive-time rings that give you an additional method for
assessing the accessibility of a site. You can use the rings to
determine areas that are underserved or to determine how many of
your customers would benefit from a new site with shorter drive
Assess the accessibility of sites based on drive-time to make informed site selection decisions. This retail site location map shows the customers that are within a 20-minute drive of two store locations.
Start Mapping Now
“The Facility Location tool is a gem offering a wide range of opportunities for relocation purposes.”
The Hague, Netherlands
Facility Location Analysis
Facility location problems involve choosing the best
location for one or more facilities from a set of possible
locations. Potential applications include exploring
new franchise locations, corporate office relocations, and
branch optimization. The included site location toolset
addresses all types of site location preferences. For example:
- You want to determine the number of facilities that are required to guarantee a certain level of service.
- You want to maximize the distance between facilities and the population they serve. For example, to minimize proximity to a competitor. Landfills and power plants are also often located relatively far from major population centers.
- You want to consider the presence of existing facilities. The locations of these facilities obviously affect the choice of locations for new facilities. In addition, you may want to consider both adding new facilities and closing one or more existing facilities.
Facility location models can identify efficient sites, taking into account both existing facilities and candidate locations.
Benefits of Site Selection Technology
- Successful companies have discovered that using corporate location strategy as a competitive advantage can help yield additional financial gains.1
- Site selection technology allows for the quick estimation of performance potential.2
- The use of technology in site selection can avoid risks, delays, hidden costs, and even fatal flaws that can occur when data is applied without context and experience.1
There's no better
retail site mapping software at any price. Why spend more for less?
Buy Now Learn more about Maptitude