Did you know that at the bottom of many field/column drop-down menus in Maptitude windows you can access additional functionality such as multiple labels or formulas?
- Multiple labels are good for when you want to show multiple fields of data next to your points.
- Formulas are good for when you want a custom output for a label or analysis tool, such as buffers. You can also use formulas with Thematic Mapping to create custom themes based on multiple fields.
- Similarly, visual fields like colors and patterns have their own customization options:
- "Custom" is an option at the bottom of any color pulldown that gives you more detailed color specification options.
- "Image" is an option at the bottom of any fill style pulldown that lets you set the fill of a shape to your own image/pattern.