Maptitude can set your point icons to any number of appearances using your own or our provided fonts, but you may also wish to use a custom icon like a company logo. The following steps show how to map business locations using your own corporate logo:
- Open Maptitude and choose New map of my data/table/spreadsheet.
- Browse for the Excel file containing your data. Choose the sheet in the Excel workbook that contains your data and has fields such as address and postal code. Click OK.
- Follow the prompts for locating your data by address. Maptitude creates a map of your data.
- In the Display Manager click on the point layer style icon for your new layer.
- Choose Color Image from the Type radio button.
- Choose the image file by either typing the full path of the file in the File edit box or clicking and browsing for the image file.
- Change the symbol size using the Size drop-down list.
- If you want to prevent labels from overlapping any point features, check the Prevent overlapping labels box.
- Click OK. Maptitude draws the point layer with the new style settings.