GIS for Forestry
Who uses Maptitude for forestry mapping?
- Consulting foresters
- Forestry commissions
- Independent foresters
- Field foresters
How is Maptitude used for forestry mapping?
- Maptitude is used by foresters to improve the quality of forest management maps, such as those used in plans developed under landowner assistance programs.
- Maptitude is used with GPS devices to make cruise maps, stand maps, map boundary lines, manage thinning, map tree locations, etc.
- Maptitude can display topographic imagery layers and aerial photo layers as background layers or base maps.
- Maptitude can map contours and display 3D elevations and surfaces
- Maptitude can be used for natural resource management, mapping farmland, forests and recreational sites, agri-business, woodlot management, watershed protection, timber inventory, silviculture activities, woodlot maintenance, campground facilities, and native tree species identification