HIPAA Mapping Software / HIPAA Compliant Mapping Software
Your data are more secure with Maptitude because Maptitude runs completely off-line and free from the cloud. Without your data ever leaving your computer, you can geocode/pin-map your addresses, perform analysis, and create maps.
Maintaining the confidentiality of individuals is an important consideration in mapping health data. Although health data mapping is not addressed explicitly in the HIPAA Privacy Rule, pinpointing a location can enable determination of an individual’s identity, thereby violating the Privacy Rule. Maptitude has a variety of tools that support compliance with the Privacy Rule when mapping point data:
- Maptitude map layers can be turned on and off removing locational context
- Maptitude maps can be zoomed out such that individual points are not easily discernible
Maptitude supports geomasking to preserve the confidentiality of individual health records. Examples of geomasking in Maptitude include:
- Data aggregation (i.e., summing points within enumeration units such as counties or Census tracts)
- Surface generation (i.e., calculating point densities)
- Dot-density and scattering (i.e., Pushpins can be randomly placed either within a geographic enumeration area or within a distance of the location)
Still have questions? Contact Maptitude Sales today at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 617-527-4700.
“Maptitude is a GIS application with a strong public health emphasis.”