Route Optimization Software
The trip planning tools in Maptitude identify optimal routes for travel and deliveries, calculate the distances between destinations, and produce driving directions.
Several key features of Maptitude include:
- Continuous live routing that gives you instant feedback on the shortest or fastest routes as you drag the mouse over the map
- Routes that can be manually edited by dragging the path to new destinations
- Prioritizing travel over highways, allowing for faster routing over long distances
- Creating a directions report for your route
- Support for nationwide trip planning to an unlimited number of destinations
- Viewing of multiple routes in a single map
When a trip involves many different stops, Maptitude helps you decide the best order to visit them. Most importantly, Maptitude lets you choose what type of route you want:
- The shortest route
- The fastest route
- The ordered route (when visits or deliveries must be conducted sequentially)
- The route that returns to the origin
- The route that you interactively modify
Example: One of the big issues you face, especially if you are a delivery service, is ensuring efficient fleet management to stay competitive. Even small reductions in transportation time or cost can add up to big savings for your company. Your delivery drivers may make multiple deliveries per shift, where each destination has varying stop times, may require rest stops, and based on vehicle type has varying speed constraints and fuel costs. Maptitude can handle these scenarios for you and uses sophisticated algorithms that ensure that your vehicles take the most time-efficient and energy-efficient routes while making multiple deliveries.
The best route can mean different things to different people. Often the best route is the one that is the fastest, while others prefer the path that is shortest in terms of mileage, or a trip that maximizes use of highways, or avoids population centers:
- A salesperson might want to set up an itinerary for less driving time and more time with customers
- A chemical company transporting hazardous chemicals may want to uses roads that avoid areas where many people live or work
Maptitude can meet all these demands and uses an accurate and up-to-date street database. You can also find routes on railroads and waterways. Maptitude handles one-way streets, and supports display of these on the map.
You can easily get started planning your route by simply clicking in a map on all the places you want to visit. You can also locate stops by typing an address, or automatically by using addresses in an Excel spreadsheet or in any other table or database. If you have a point layer of your customers, you could select the customers you want to visit and then have Maptitude determine the best route to use to visit them.
There are also additional best route tools that allow you to:
- Create rings to show drive time or distance from one or more locations
- Create territories on streets using travel time