Maptitude Featured Map Infographic:
Chicago Area Business Density
is the best mapping software for business intelligence!
Current Maptitude users have access to numerous free data layers
health care providers,
and credit unions,
traffic counts, and numerous other
points of interest. Maptitude heat maps can be used to illustrate
the spatial variations in where different types of businesses tend
to cluster. For example, in these maps of Illinois's Cook and DuPage
Counties, you can see:
- Pubs and Bars are the most geographically concentrated.
They are highly concentrated in downtown Chicago with very few outside of the I-294 loop.
- Banks and Credit Unions are concentrated in Chicago and
along most of the busier Interstate highways.
- Dentists are similarly concentrated in downtown Chicago and
along I-94 heading northwest out of Chicago, with fairly sizable
concentrations in the larger regional cities.
- Warehouse stores are concentrated to the West of downtown
Chicago, with fairly high concentrations also around Elk Grove to the Northwest and Lincolnwood to the North.
- Nursing homes and assisted living facilities tend to be
located outside of downtown, with high concentrations to the
North in Lincolnwood and to the South in Tinley Park.
- The heaviest concentrations of auto dealerships are on the outskirts of the region in
Schaumburg to the North, Naperville to the West, and Orland to the South, with fairly high concentrations
also along the busier Interstates North of Chicago and around Downers Grove.
Love this map? Subscribe to the Maptitude
Newsletter for more infographic maps.