Although your work is no longer saved as Map files (*.map) you can still open these file types so you can continue your work from previous versions. This article goes over the process to open a map you created in a previous version of the software. You can either create a new workspace to open your map into, or you can open the map into an existing workspace.To open your map into a new workspace If you would like to open your map into its own workspace, you can do this from the Home Window:
- Go to File>New Workspace to open the Home Window
- Choose Open a Maptitude 2012-2018 map from the options on the left hand side
- Click OK.
- Navigate to the map you wish to open. Click on it and click Open.
- Go to File>Open
- In the bottom right, change the file type from Workspace to Map, Layout, Dataview, Chart, Figure, 3D View.
- Navigate to the map you wish to open. Click on it and click Open