Although your work is no longer saved as Map files (*.map) you can still open these file types so you can continue your work from previous versions. This article goes over the process to open a map you created in a previous version of the software. You can either create a new workspace to open your map into, or you can open the map into an existing workspace.
To open your map into a new workspace
If you would like to open your map into its own workspace, you can do this from the Home Window:
- Go to File>New Workspace to open the Home Window
- Choose Open a Maptitude 2012-2018 map from the options on the left hand side.
- Click OK.
- Navigate to the map you wish to open. Click on it and click Open.
Maptitude will create a new workspace and open your map in it. Go to File>Save Workspace to give the workspace a file name and save it in an appropriate location. Any changes you make to the map will now be saved to this workspace file.
To add your map to an existing workspace
If you have an existing workspace open and want to add an old map to it, you can do this with the File>Open option:
- Go to File>Open
- In the bottom right, change the file type from Workspace to Map, Layout, Dataview, Chart, Figure, 3D View.
- Navigate to the map you wish to open. Click on it and click Open
Maptitude will add the map file you selected to the current workspace. Any changes you make to the map will now be saved to the workspace file.