Optimize Delivery Routes
The delivery route planner tools in Maptitude allow you to optimize routes among waypoints, calculate the distances between destinations, and produce driving directions.
Key routing features of Maptitude Routing Software:
- Easy to use route planning software to optimize delivery routes
- Allows for manually editing routes by dragging the path to new destinations
- Can prioritize travel over highways, allowing for faster routing over long distances
- Can create a turn-by-turn directions report for your delivery drivers
- Support for nationwide trip planning to an unlimited number of destinations
- Multiple optimized delivery routes in a single map
- Determines time and fuel costs
- Extensive route planning tools
- Includes a comprehensive suite of other business mapping software tools
When a trip involves many different stops, Maptitude helps you optimize daily routes by deciding the best order to visit them. Most importantly, Maptitude lets you choose what type of route you want:
- The shortest route
- The fastest route
- The ordered route (when visits or deliveries must be conducted sequentially)
- The route that returns to the origin
- The route that you interactively modify
- The optimal route
The best route can mean different things to different people. Often the efficient route is the one that is the fastest, while others prefer the path that is shortest in terms of mileage, or a trip that maximizes use of highways, or avoids population centers.
Maptitude is the best delivery route planner for meeting all of the demands listed above, and uses an accurate and up-to-date street database. Maptitude handles one-way streets, and supports display of these on the map.
You can easily get started planning your route by simply clicking in a map on all the places you want to visit. You can also locate stops by typing an address, or automatically by using multiple addresses in an Excel spreadsheet or in any other table or database. If you have a point layer of your customers, you could select the customers you want to visit and then have Maptitude optimize delivery routes to visit them.
Modeling Long-Haul Trips
When analyzing long-haul trips, an analyst often wants to model routes that go through the night or that have custom rest times. Maptitude allows you to create overnight routes or routes with no fixed end time. Also, the rest settings support government rules such as those for interstate truck drivers in the USA. Additionally, you can cluster your lists of customers sites that need visiting and optimize a route for each group of destinations.
Multi Route Planning
When you need a multiple route planner, Maptitude helps you optimize each route by deciding which stops should be visited by which driver and vehicle. Maptitude even lets you choose the capacity and types of vehicle, supporting analysts that need:
- A multi drop route planner software
- A route planner with unlimited stops
- A route planner multiple stops
“We have found Maptitude to be a really useful piece of software. It allows us to quickly and easily represent various data geographically, and the ease of functionality and ability to layer data makes it really user friendly. It has, among other things, helped us develop our sector-leading delivery service and understand areas that require focus from our sales teams.”
“Caliper produces the inexpensive Maptitude desktop GIS package which has extensive GIS-Transportation functionality.”