Solutions to common download problems:
Check your junk mail or spam folder:
Didn't get the software download email? Wait a few minutes then check your junk mail or spam mail folder.
Still didn't get the email? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with an alternate email address and we will resend the download.
Disable any antivirus software:
Your software license is stored in several files on the computer, and these files are encrypted. It is possible that antivirus software could detect one of these files as suspicious and either delete it or quarantine it, thus causing the license check to fail. Please try temporarily disabling the system's anti-virus. You should do the same for any spyware software you have installed.
You may also try exempting the "C:\ProgramData\Caliper" folder from your anti-virus software to prevent license disruption.
For details, see: https://www.caliper.com/learning/articles/antivirus-and-firewall-issues/
Disable Automatic backup software:
Certain automatic backup software operates by monitoring all file access and attempting to backup any files that are being edited. This can interfere with the license software and cause a failure.
You may also try exempting the "C:\ProgramData\Caliper" folder from your automatic-backup software to prevent license disruption.
Try a different browser:
Often failed downloads can be resolved with a different browser. If, for example, you are using Internet Explorer, try Firefox or Chrome.
Check your internet connectivity:
- Verify that you are connected to the Internet by trying to access some websites.
- Try the download again from a different WiFi network or try the download over a wired connection.
Verify hard disk space and folder permissions:
- Make sure that you are downloading files to a folder on your hard drive.
- Verify that you have enough space on your hard drive. If necessary, remove any unnecessary files and clear your default TEMP folder to free up disk space.
- If a permissions error occurs, make sure that you have write access to the folder to which you are downloading.
Update your virus software and scan your computer for viruses:
Certain viruses look for encrypted files deeming them important, and then they intentionally delete them or corrupt them. This would adversely affect your software installation.
Solutions to common installation problems:
Using the Caliper Download Manager:
If you do not see your download email it may have been sent to your spam folder, so check there first. You can also see the following link to download Maptitude: https://www.caliper.com/learning/articles/how-can-i-download-maptitude/
Installing when the download manager doesn’t launch the installer:
- Download Maptitude using the download information emailed to you.
- Browse to C:\Users\
- You will see a folder with your name
- Inside that folder there should be a CaliperDownload folder
- If there is not, the CaliperDownload folder may be under one of the other user folders in C:\Users\
- Go to the Maptitude 20xx folder and double-click the AutoRunMaptitude.exe file. The setup program guides you through the installation process, asking questions and making suggestions along the way.
- Maptitude starts the Activation Wizard. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet, choose Request activation code from Caliper and click Next.
- Verify your registration and click Next.
- If the software is not automatically activated, you will receive an activation code from Caliper. You can either click the Back button until you are at the first screen of the Software Key Activation Wizard or click the Start button and choose Activation Wizard for Maptitude from the Programs menu, then follow the steps to activate Maptitude with the activation code.
- Register your software via the World Wide Web.
- Install your country package of data.
Disable antivirus software:
One or more components of the Caliper installer may be removed or corrupted by your system's anti-virus software. The installer may also be prevented from running by your anti-virus software. Other software, such as automatic, or "instant" backup software, can cause similar behavior. If you encounter a problem when installing your software:
- Disable your anti-virus and/or backup software.
- Reinstall the Caliper software.
If you still encounter any problems installing the software:
- Uninstall the Caliper software using the Windows Control Panel Uninstaller program.
- Reinstall the Caliper software.
For resolving common installation issues like this, see: https://www.caliper.com/learning/articles/common-installation-issues-and-solutions/
Data installation: no Country Package is installed:
Each Maptitude license includes one free detailed Country Package of your choice. Country Packages provide enhanced tools for each country (More...) and are available for purchase here.
If you purchased a Country Package and received the message that No Country Package is Installed, then there was some problem with the data portion of the installation.
For details, see: https://www.caliper.com/learning/articles/no-country-package-was-installed/