Maptitude makes it easy to name and identify your drive-time rings and to quickly export a demographic report for those rings.
The following steps describe how to create named drive-time rings and export the result:
- Open or create a map that contains a point layer of the features with which you want to create the drive-time rings. (You can use Home Window to create a point layer from your own data or use the selection tools to choose features in any point layer.)
- Choose Tools>Routing & Directions>Drive-Time Rings to display the Drive-Time Rings toolbox.
- Click in the Drive-Time Rings toolbox.
- Choose the point layer to use from the Layer drop-down list.
- Choose whether to use all features or a selection set from the Using drop-down list.
- Specify the number and size of the rings to create.
- Check the Separate Rings box and choose the field in the point layer to use to name the rings from the Ring Names from drop-down list.
- Click in the Drive-Time Rings toolbox. Maptitude generates the rings, makes the rings the working layer, and displays them with a color theme using the name field you chose in the previous step.
- Make Drive Time Rings the working layer
- Click on the Standard toolbar. Maptitude generates a demographic report and opens it in Excel. Click the Overlay tab to see the worksheet with income, population, household, and other demographics.