These are the recommended guidelines for Maptitude running on Windows via Terminal Services, Remote Desktop Services (RDS), Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), Windows Server, or Citrix Server:
Operating system: Windows Server 2019, Server 2016, Server 2012 R2, Server 2012
Maptitude is a 64-bit application and requires 64-bit Windows in addition to Citrix.
A minimum of 2GB of memory per concurrent user is required, plus the operating system (16-32GB total)
A multi-core processor with 4 or 8 cores is recommended but a faster clock speed is more important than additional cores
Consider RAID or SSD for the speed benefits they will provide
1TB+ of storage is recommended
These are the recommended guidelines for Maptitude running on a desktop PC:
Desktop, laptop, PC, or Surface Pro computer running 64-bit Windows 11, 10, 8.1, or 8. We do not recommend using netbooks.
4GB of RAM (8GB of RAM provides optimal performance for users with very large data files.)
10 GB of storage space for Maptitude and the US Country Package. More space will be required to save the maps and files created with Maptitude.
- Maptitude can always read Microsoft Office tables (e.g., Excel). Microsoft Office can be 32-bit, 64-bit, or not installed
- Internet connection is required for downloading Maptitude desktop, for uploading maps to Maptitude Online, and to access Maptitude Online shared maps either privately or publicly
- Maptitude can be run on Windows in AWS and Azure with the appropriate license
- For Apple Mac users: Maptitude will run on Windows installed on an Apple Mac.
- In addition to Maptitude licenses being able to run on Intel chip Apple Macs with Windows, Maptitude can be enabled to run on Apple Mac ARM M1/M2 chips with Windows, or on a Surface Pro with an ARM chip. Please contact Sales for the ARM enabled version.
You often need to know this information to check if your system specifications meet the requirements for running Maptitude. For how to find your own system specs, see: https://www.caliper.com/learning/articles/how-to-share-your-system-specifications/