To quickly create a demographic map you can use the Demographic Map Librarian. Maptitude ships with a library of economic, social, housing, and demographic maps that you can choose from. The following steps describe how to open and synchronize two county demographic maps:
- From the Home Window, choose New demographic map. Click OK.
- Choose a map category from the first scroll list. For example, choose County Demographic & Social Profile. The second scroll list updates to show the available maps for the category you chose.
- Choose one or more of the maps. For example, click on Population and Ctrl-click on Population - Per Square Mile to open those two demographic maps.
- Finally, choose the location you want to see. Choose Other Location... from the third scroll list and click OK.
- Choose U.S. State from the scroll list, enter the two letter abbreviation for your home state in the edit box, and click OK.
- Choose Window>Tile Vertically or Window>Tile Horizontally to see the two maps side by side.
- Choose Map>Synchronize and click OK to synchronize the two maps.
- Click on the Tools toolbar and click and drag on one of the maps to recenter it. Both maps update to the new location.
- Choose File>Close Workspace to close the workspace.