If you have created a territory layer using the Territory Manager and a previous vintage of the ZIP Code layer you may want to update your territories using the new postal geography. Maptitude makes it easy to move your territory layer over to the new and updated ZIP Code boundary layer. This article shows how to work with the Territory Manager in the latest version of Maptitude to either change your territory boundaries to match the new ZIP Codes or to keep your territory boundaries as they are and assign the ZIP Codes to the territories they are in. The following steps outline how to update a territory to new ZIP Code geography:
- Open a map that contains your territory layer and the new ZIP Code layer.
- Click in the Territory Manager and choose Check for Errors.
- Click Yes in the Confirm dialog box. If the ZIP Codes cause the territory boundaries to change, Maptitude displays the Rebuild Territories dialog box.
- If you want to adjust your territory boundaries to match the new ZIP Codes, choose the first option in the radio list (Update the territory boundaries based on the current assignments) and click OK.
- If you want to keep your territory boundaries and update the list of ZIP Codes in each territory, choose the second option in the radio list (Keep the territory boundaries and update assignments to match) and click OK.
- Choose whether or not to create an archive of your territory layer in the Confirm dialog box. Maptitude updates the territories based on the latest ZIP Codes.