The Territory Manager makes it easy to add all the ZIP Codes in a State or County to the territory with which you are working.
You can also remove all the ZIP Codes from a territory using one or more Counties or States.
This functionality saves time, and allows you to easily manage territories, whether they encompass entire states or only a few ZIP Codes.
The following steps outline how to add a group of features to a territory:
- Create a Territory Layer that is based on ZIP Codes and launch the Territory Manager.
- Choose to create a new territory or modify an existing territory with the Territory drop-down list in the Territory Manager.
- Choose County from the Geography drop-down list if you want to choose all of the ZIP Codes in a county, or choose State from the Geography drop-down list to choose all of the ZIP Codes in a state.
- Use the Select by Pointing tool in the Territory Manager and click on a county/state that you want to include in a territory. Maptitude finds all of the ZIP Codes in the feature you chose and highlights them.
- Click on more counties/states to add them to the territory. You can also choose ZIP Code again from the Geography drop-down list to revert to modifying the individual ZIP Codes in the territory.
- Click to save the changes to the territory.
For more information on managing territories, please see the video tutorial on creating territories.