In your data, if you have a column containing Northern Ireland addresses and another column containing Northern Ireland postcodes you can geocode/locate your address data using the UK Country Package. However, if you want to geocode/locate just the column containing the Northern Ireland postcodes you will first need to use our Download Free Layers Add-In. You only need to run the add-in once. This article will explain how to download the add-in and how to use it to find your NI postcodes.
- First, close all instances of Maptitude and click on the following link to download the add-in: https://www.caliper.com/maptitude/gisdk/DataInstaller.exe
- Open the Maptitude software, close all maps and go to Tools>GIS Developer’s Kit>Add-ins> Download Free Layers
- From the second pulldown, choose “United Kingdom (UK ONS)” and click OK
- Choose the appropriate version of the UK country package from the pulldown and click OK
- Once this is complete, go to File>New Workspace and you can now locate Northern Ireland postcodes when using the United Kingdom country package by selecting “New Map of My Data/Table/Spreadsheet”
If you want to show postal sectors and districts for the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Ireland, please try this tutorial