The business map layers for Maptitude are accessible as a free download for anyone with the latest version of the Maptitude software.
The following steps outline how to download and use the free business layers:
- Download the data from the Caliper Store. NOTE, you must have the latest version of the Maptitude software in order to download these layers, as well as the relevant country package.
- Once the files are downloaded, click OK, and then click the Install button. Follow the prompts to install the layers.
- To add one or more of the layers to a Maptitude map, open the map, click on the Standard toolbar, and click Add Layer in the Layers dialog box.
- Browse for the folder where the downloaded data are located (e.g., c:\ccdata\USA 2018 Business Location Layers\). Within this folder will be several subfolders by category (e.g., Automotive, Grocery, Restaurant). Choose one or more of the data layers from these folders, and click Open in the File Open dialog box.
- Maptitude adds the layer(s) to the map. Close the layers dialog box to see the layers on the map. Note, you may have to zoom in or turn off autoscaling if your map scale is outside of the autoscale settings for the layer(s) you chose. You can turn off autoscaling in the Display Manager by right-clicking on a layer and choosing Show Layer or by clicking the red magnifying glass icon next to the layer.