Frequently Asked Questions
|Overview Map Your Data Data Access Analysis Tools Data Included Examples Development New Features FAQs Pricing Training Support|
Unlike many other mapping and GIS software packages that require users to purchase data separately, Maptitude includes extensive geographic and demographic data so that you can get started as soon as you open the box.
Maptitude mapping software includes the features and data that you need to unearth the trends hidden in your data. Below are answers to some frequently asked questions. Please contact Caliper Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 617-527-4700 if you have further questions or want to discuss your particular needs.
Can I see my customers and prospects on the map?
Can I get my own data into Maptitude?
How do I get my data into Maptitude?
The Create-a-Map Wizard gives you start-to-finish assistance for getting your data into Maptitude. With just a few clicks you can locate, analyze, and map your data. Maptitude can work with your Excel, Access, dBASE, and other data sources.
Maptitude also makes it easy to use your geographic data. Maptitude supports direct access for Esri Shapefiles, MapInfo TAB files, and Oracle Spatial tables. Additional import support is included for other GIS and CAD packages including ArcView, Atlas GIS, AutoCAD DXF, MapInfo MIF, and TIGER/Line.
What data are included with Maptitude?
Included in Maptitude are:
- Nationwide boundaries with 2010 Census and American Community Survey (ACS) data for all of the following: states, counties, county subdivisions, cities, Census tracts, and ZIP Codes
- A comprehensive street database for the entire US, including over 25 million street segments with names and address ranges for geocoding.
- Geographic files of the following: landmarks, water areas, highways, railroads, and over 150,000 populated places across the US.
- Worldwide data.
- Additional data for The United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, South Africa, and other countries are available. Contact Caliper sales for the availability of other international data.
Click here for more information on data included with Maptitude.
Can I use Maptitude data with other programs?
Can I use Maptitude on an Apple Macintosh
With any of these options you would need to have a Microsoft Windows license. Apple's Boot Camp is free with the Mac OS, but VMWare and Parallels are commercial products.
Can I customize an application or integrate Maptitude into my application?
Does Maptitude support satellite and aerial images?
Can I distribute maps I make with Maptitude? Can I put them on a web site?
Can Maptitude tell me how to get from one place to another?
Can I use Maptitude maps with my word processor or spreadsheet?
How do I learn to use Maptitude?
Maptitude is very easy to learn and use. It uses a standard Windows interface with menus, toolbars, and on-line help, so it will seem familiar to you. Create-A-Map Wizard dialog box will ask just a few questions, then create a map at any scale from all the countries of the world to streets around a U.S. address, landmark, or intersection.
There are a number of options available to help you learn to use Maptitude:
- Free video tutorials are provided that illustrate many common Maptitude tasks.
- A PDF User's Guide includes a Quick Start tutorial that walks you through the major features of the software. Each of the chapters in the User's Guide contains a series of 60-Second Tutorials that give you the opportunity to practice each command on our sample data.
- Free mapping software webinars (and videos of past webinars with audio) on the Maptitude Mapping Software Webinars page. The webinars are conducted regularly and you can attend as many as you want.
- A detailed electronic help system is accessible through the menu Help-Maptitude Help. This also contains the 60-Second tutorials, and can be accessed within Maptitude by clicking F1 on your keyboard at any time for context sensitive help from within any toolbox, tool, or window.
- Training options include web-based Maptitude training, classroom training, and on-site training.