The Vehicle Routing Add-In allows you to find optimized routes for
several vehicles needing to reach many destinations in fixed time windows.
This tool assumes you have two layers of locations; a layer of destinations,
stops, or customers and a layer of depots from which the vehicles will
Some typical use cases for the Vehicle Routing Add-In would be:
- Many deliveries or pickups need to be made
over the course of a day using more than one vehicle.
- There are time restrictions on when deliveries can be made to
some, or all, of the stores. For example, one store might
require that goods be delivered between 5:00AM and 7:00AM before
the store opens at 8:00AM. This type of restriction is known as
a time window.
- There is a time restriction on total
route length, or route duration. For example, when delivering
take-out food, it may be desirable that the full route length is
not more than an hour.
- There are backhaul stops. For
example, vehicles may need to pick up empty containers at the
end of their delivery trip. Backhaul stops can only be visited
after all delivery stops are visited in a route.
Formatting for the spreadsheet of destinations, stops, or
customers might look like the following:
Formatting for the spreadsheet of depots might look like the
- Download the file
- Double click the executable to launch the installation.
- Confirm that you’d like to allow the installer to make changes to
your PC and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
- Once installed, the add-in can be launched by opening a
Maptitude map and choosing Tools>GIS Developers Kit>Add-ins>Vehicle Routing.
*NOTE: The Vehicle Routing add-in works only with Maptitude 2019 or
See the Vehicle Routing Add-In documentation
for information on using the data.